Pages

Saturday 2 June 2012

June Double Page

Well here we are again showing off this month's gorgeous page for the Weald of Kent Scrapbook Club. My page is a lift of Karen's design from the Total Papercraft kits we use, but there is no rule saying that you have to slavishly copy the pages... I will hopefully be brave enough to take up the challenge and produce my own offering in the next couple of months. To appease the prudes who thought the title of "Glamour Puss" was offensive last year, I have added a post it note to spare the sensibilities of anyone who would have a heart attack if they should get a peek at my knickers!



This page (as well as being absolutely gorgeous) is stuffed full of techniques - the main one being using white glassine paper to make the flowers and leaves, but we will be learning how to make those lovely 3D roses, and using reinkers to dye our own tape as well.

You will need to bring along 3 6x4 photos to make this page, two portrait and one landscape - my photos were taken by the talented Anna Bowkis at the recent Creative HeART and Soul retreat I went on a couple of weeks ago in deepest Staffordshire. Anna jokingly suggested that we might like a "boudoir" photography session while we were there - and I jumped at it as its probably the last time I will feel like doing this type of shot as most of me has already started the long journey south!! I was nervous about doing it as my figure these days can politely be described as Rubenesque - but Anna did a fabulous job of disguising the lumps and bumps and gave me 8 beautiful shots  to take home with me... I thought that they went brilliantly with this kit.

Be back soon with the single page kit - and more on the retreat - we did some absolutely gorgeous  projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment